- - - - - - - -
Later this year, Daraja will be launching Kwanza Jamii Iringa, a sister paper to our existing Kwanza Jamii Njombe. We are therefore looking for five new members of staff to take on this work, as follows:
- Managing Editor, overseeing both Kwanza Jamii Njombe and Kwanza Jamii Iringa
- Editor for Kwanza Jamii Iringa
- Designer/Journalist for Kwanza Jamii Iringa
- Programme Officer, a role supporting both papers with work on civic education, investigative journalism and citizen participation. This would suit someone with a civil society background and experience working on government accountability projects.
- Business Manager, to oversee the commercial side of Kwanza Jamii Iringa
We are also advertising a new position, Head of Finance and Administration, so our growth can be supported with a stronger administrative team.
Finally, we are re-advertising the position we posted earlier this year - Monitoring and Research Officer. This position supporting monitoring and research across both our Maji Matone and Kwanza Jamii programmes, as well as conducting some research on local governance issues.
Our current staff are a very strong and dynamic group, committed to making local government more responsive to the community. We want our new staff to fit the same profile.
If that's you, and you meet the requirements for one or more of these jobs, we would love to hear from you. Please go to the vacancies section of our website, where you will find more details of the positions and of how to apply. Or if you know someone who might be interested, please pass the link on to them.
The deadline for applications for these positions is May 16th, 2011.
- - - - - - - -
Update: Please note that the deadline for applications for these positions has now passed. We will be contacting shortlisted candidates shortly.